Who are we?
Bootstrap Advisors has three primary business partners who have been working together for over 10 years. We have collectively started over 10 companies, grown 5 companies into multi-million dollar enterprises, and sold 3 different companies to a large private corporation, a public company and a private equity firm.
What is our Philosophy?
Build great companies.
- EMPOWER PEOPLE. Great companies are created by great people. We believe in a management philosophy of accountability and empowerment. We empower people to achieve their maximum potential by setting collective goals, measuring those goals and holding people accountable to those goals.
- LEAVE A LEGACY. A great company means offering a great product or service that helps people or improves their lives.
- MAKE MONEY. The primary fuel of a company and its measuring stick is profit. That profit allows us to invest in our people and our products to continue to make it great.
What is our expertise?
We have experience with developing companies from pre-revenue ideas into profitable businesses. Specifically, we have a great deal of expertise in the following areas:
- Testing Demand
- Developing a Brand
- Selling Online
- Retail Distribution
- Financial Planning
- Strategic Exits
What is our process?
- TEST DEMAND QUICKLY. We believe in testing demand extremely quickly and efficiently. For an early stage product, we like to use the phrase cheap, fast and good enough. We go to market fast and we test demand primarily online.
- DEVELOP A BRAND. If the demand test succeeds, then we like to heavily invest in the brand and grow demand quickly through sales marketing and retail distribution. We also focus on customer service and product quality to make sure the brand reputation is stellar.
- FINANCIAL DISCIPLINE. From day one the goal of a company is to make money and we hold that tenant as sacred.
- STRATEGIC EXITS. We believe if we can prove demand, develop a strong brand and show profitability, there will be plenty of buyers willing to purchase this asset. We are not trying to build the next multi-billion dollar company. We are trying to develop a very profitable asset that we can sell for a lucrative profit.
What opportunities are a good fit?
Most of the companies that we have been successful starting have been very early stage in their development. We have a great deal of experience selling online and do much better with low-tech products that are a clear solution to real problem. We are willing to look at (and offer advice on) on any idea you might have, but we do not want to stray too far from our areas of expertise.
What we are looking for:
- Idea Phase: No or little revenue
- Tangible Products
- Problem Solution/Differentiated Product
- Branding Opportunity